How can hearing God’s voice be easy?
Admittedly it is a slightly provocative statement designed to get you reading my eBook, The Easy Way to Hear God’s Voice, but there’s also an element of truth in it. Let me explain…
Many of us struggle to hear God’s voice and it seems we are not alone. Even in Bible times people experienced the same frustration:
Why do you complain to him that he responds to no one’s words? For God does speak—now one way, now another—though no one perceives it. In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falls on people as they slumber in their beds… (Job 33:13-15)
Though we know these words were spoken by someone who didn’t always have the right advice for his friend Job, they still give us a glimpse of the ancients’ experience in trying to discern God’s voice. God may well have been speaking to them in dreams, but like so many of us, they didn’t notice it.
The premise of my book then is, that hearing from God may be as easy as falling asleep – something we can all do!
Which then begs the question, if hearing from God was as easy as pulling up a pillow, then why aren’t more of us experiencing this? In today’s podcast, which includes an interview with Clayton Bjelan at 89.9Light FM Melbourne, we look at this question as well as a number other frequently asked questions about hearing God’s voice in dreams. Here are some of them:
- Hearing God in dreams seems a bit mystical, fanciful, a bit out there – what would you say to that?
- When we say God speaks in dreams, how does he actually do it? How can we know it’s him?
- Do you need to be someone special, a certain kind of person to hear from God in a
dream? Can we make ourselves more ‘susceptible’ to hearing God in this way?
- What have you’ve learnt from listening to the dreams of others?
- How do you decipher what a dream means? Is there a way to discern whether a dream is literal or symbolic?
Have you read The Easy Way to Hear God’s Voice? What did you learn about hearing God’s voice in dreams? Share your comments below, and pass the book onto your friends by using the social media buttons below.
Subscribe to God Conversations with Tania Harris and never miss an episode!