How do you follow God’s voice for your life if there are two of you? What if both of you hear different things? Or what if one person gets the low-down from God while the other doesn’t? How does God lead married couples? On the show today we have some guests who are brilliantly qualified to answer these questions and I know you’re going to learn a lot from them!
Brett Ryan is the CEO of Focus on the Family Australia. He’s spent more than 12 years as a Children’s Pastor at Citylife Church Citylife Church, Melbourne, Australia building a significant ministry to over 1,000 children across 3 different church campuses. Brett’s wife Kate has been a PE teacher for the past 24 years, first of all as a Primary teacher and then as a Secondary teacher. Today Kate and Brett work together to serve the community and the church with a heart to see families thrive.
In this episode, I talk with Brett and Kate about:
- The story of how God led them through the various career changes in their lives
- What the story of Manoah and his wife (Samson’s parents) in Judges 13 can teach us about hearing God’s voice
- How to deal with the scenario when one partner has heard from God while the other hasn’t
- The role of the community in hearing God’s voice
- Advice for married couples looking to follow the voice of God in their lives
If you’re seeking to move forward together in God’s purpose with your partner, this episode is for you!
Subscribe to God Conversations with Tania Harris and never miss an episode!
To make use of all the resources provided by Focus and the Family, including their free counselling service, click here.
How have you experienced God’s voice in your marriage? Share your comments or advice here!